Who we are?
Fresh Start is a labour supply, with a difference.
Fresh Start provides training and qualifications to disadvantaged candidates as well up-skilling candidates to break down any barriers to employment that may exist with the overall goal of creating sustainable employment opportunities through our client base to create real social value.
Fresh Start is a wholly owned subsidiary to its parent company RMF Group.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
In this Document the word “RMF Group”, unless the context otherwise requires, means a group that consists of the following five companies:
Fresh Start RMF Construction Services Limited RMF Site Services Limited RMF Resource Solutions Limited RMF Construction and Training Academy Limited
This policy sets out how RMF Group collects, processes and protects any personal data.
RMF Group may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018, the date on which General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect.
How is your personal data collected
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your data will be used in a proactive way to improve each candidates employment chances. In this, your data may be shared with our clients to overview the depersonalised characteristics of the candidates they employ in order for candidates to quantify and promote the added value created from employing candidates from a disadvantaged background – this information will be provided with user’s names and contact details removed.
Why we process it
We process this data for the purposes outlined below:
- Help our services deliver more useful, customised content such as more relevant search results;
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones;
- Deliver ads based on your interests, including things such as searches that you’ve done or videos that you’ve watched on YouTube;
- Improve security by protecting against fraud and abuse; and
- Conduct analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. We also have partners that measure how our services are used. Find out more about these specific advertising and measurement partners.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Our website administrators can also see and edit that information upon request by candidates.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. By agreeing to and accepting our terms and conditions you are providing the right for Fresh Start to share your data, in a depersonalised manner, to other companies in the form of reports regarding an overview of the candidates they employ.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We also send your data to client representatives to promote the performance indicators that they wish to succeed.
Your contact information
If you wish to contact Fresh Start regarding any details about your data or information then you can send an email to the following address and your enquiry will be answered accordingly.
How we protect your data
Profiles are password protected to ensure that candidate and client profiles can only be accessed by themselves. Also, our administrator profile is password protected and only accessible by Fresh Start editors which ensures that your data can be updated and checked in a safe and secure manner.
We will only process personal data:
• In order to meet our contractual obligations to our clients and to you.
• Where it is necessary for your/our/third party’s legitimate interests and where your interests and fundamental rights don’t override those interests.
• We may periodically contact you about new services, products or other information which we think you may find useful.
RMF Group will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be destroyed.
While we hold any of your personal information, you have the following rights:
1. The right to be informed- You have the right to request information about the data processing activities we carry out.
2. The right of access- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold on you.
3. The right to rectification- You have the right to request for your personal data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure- You have the right, in certain circumstances, for your data to be erased from our records.
5. The right to restrict processing- In certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of personal data we hold.
6. The right to data portability- You have the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation in a safe and secure way.
7. The right to object- You have the right to object the way in which your data is being processed such as direct marketing.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling- you have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing and it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the individual.
Please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk) for more information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in person.
To make a complaint, request information or to give us feedback, please contact us on GDPR@rmfconstruction.co.uk, call us on 01214407970 or write to us on this address:
F.A.O: Data Controller RMF Group Unit 2 Oughton Road Highgate Birmingham B12 0DF